W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-bpwg@w3.org > October 2008

[minutes] BPWG 2008-10-16

From: Francois Daoust <fd@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 16:42:37 +0200
Message-ID: <48F752DD.8010405@w3.org>
To: Mobile Web Best Practices Working Group WG <public-bpwg@w3.org>

Hi,

The minutes of today's short meeting are available at:
  http://www.w3.org/2008/10/16-bpwg-minutes.html

... and copied as text below.


Resolved during the call on mobileOK Basic Tests:
- Change MobileOK Basic Tests per the change indicated at 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Oct/0035.html


Reminders:
1/ F2F next week on Monday and Tuesday
  The agenda is at 
http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=dd3jk8v_128gb3xp5hq&hl=en
  Note to participants of the Working Group who cannot join physically: 
you may still follow the discussion via IRC on the usual #bpwg channel 
and by phone via Zakim. I don't have the conference code at this stage.

2/ There will be no call on Thursday next week

See you next week!

Francois.


16 Oct 2008

    [2]Agenda

       [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Oct/0040.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2008/10/16-bpwg-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Dom, Francois, dka, rob, jo, jeffs, nacho, miguel, SeanP,
           jsmanrique

    Regrets
           Sangwhan, Bryan, Abel, DavidStorey, BruceLawson, Adam

    Chair
           Jo

    Scribe
           Dan

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]F2F agenda
          2. [6]MobileOK Basic Tests - the final challenge
          3. [7]Accessibility document
          4. [8]BP 1.5
          5. [9]MobileOK Scheme
          6. [10]AOB
      * [11]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

    Jo: Hello and welcome to the last call before the f2f.

F2F agenda

    [12]http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=dd3jk8v_128gb3xp5hq&hl=en

      [12] http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=dd3jk8v_128gb3xp5hq&hl=en

    (crafted)

    Jo: Any comments?

    <jeffs> +1

    Jo: BP2 discussion is designed to fit in with brian's shcedule?

    DKA: Yes that's the idea.

    <francois> Bryan's availability:

    <francois> Monday, 11:00-14:00 GMT (8PM-12AM Osaka)

    <francois> Tuesday, 11:00-14:00 GMT (8PM-12AM Osaka)

    <dom> after the TPAC in Europe, the week after in the us

    <jeffs> +1

    DKA: I will reformulate agenda and repost based on Bryan's
    availability. Suggest swapping afternoon on Monday with morning on
    Tuesday.

    <francois> +1 to have BP2 on Monday afternoon

    <jeffs> +1 to have BP2 on swap

    DKA: Ok.
    ... I will put DDR discussion on Tuesday.

    Jo: Any other comments on f2f agenda?

    [none]

MobileOK Basic Tests - the final challenge

    <jo> [13]HTTPS

      [13] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Oct/0035.html

    Jo: Further go at making the ammendment requested by wscwg
    ... Proposal is here (pasted)
    ... To make sure we understand that the exchange of certs happens
    before anything else. Any comments on this?
    ... We've done what Thomas has asked, right?

    Dom: Yes I think we have.

    PROPOSED RESOLUTION: Adopt changes to MobileOK Basic Tests proposed
    in response to wscwg comments.

    <francois> +1

    <jo> PROPOSED RESOLUTION: Change MobileOK Basic Tests per the change
    indicated at
    [14]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Oct/0035.htm
    l

      [14] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Oct/0035.html

    <jeffs> +1

    <jo> +1

    <jsmanrique> +1

    +1

    RESOLUTION: Change MobileOK Basic Tests per the change indicated at
    [15]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Oct/0035.htm
    l

      [15] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Oct/0035.html

    <jeffs> +1

    ACTION-835?

    <trackbot> ACTION-835 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to contact
    Stéphane to see if he is interested in presenting MW4D to BPWG at
    TPAC -- due 2008-09-10 -- CLOSED

    <trackbot>
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/835

      [16] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/835

    ACTION-837?\

    ACTION-837?

    <trackbot> ACTION-837 -- Kai Scheppe to provide explanatory text for
    the addendum which will put the document (mobileOK Pro Tests 1) in
    the correct context and explain to the audience that it is intended
    to aid content authors in creating still better content. -- due
    2008-09-11 -- PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [17]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/837

      [17] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/837

    <francois> ACTION-863?

    <trackbot> ACTION-863 -- Jo Rabin to reword following WSC WG
    feedback on proposed changes to mobileOK Basic -- due 2008-10-16 --
    OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/863

      [18] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/863

    Jo: Other MobileOK Basic topics... What's the next step?

    Francois: Once the document is OK we need to take a final
    resolution. Next step is to implement the change in the checker as
    soon as possible. This one of the criteria to move to PR.
    ... Shouldn't take that long.

    Jo: We're currently in LC?

    Francois: Yes - we propose to move forward to PR, skipping CR in
    this case.

    <Kai> I think ACTION-837 can be closed. Currently we are discussing
    format of the document, not the introductory text

Accessibility document

    Jo: I believe we're done with a minor change. I think the EOWG has
    agreed to it as well.
    ... Alan's document still has a little way to go.

    Francois: EOWG will publish Yeliz' document. Alan's document still
    has to be fine tuned. Alan won't be there next week.

    Jo: Jeff, wIll you have additions to Alan's document?

    Jeff: Yes, at some point in the future we will begin to have some
    documents for some people to think about which could be part of this
    document [or other documentss]

    Jo: Ok great - can you give us a brief update in France? [at f2f?]

    Jeff: yes. Want to make sure we don't slow down anyone though.

BP 1.5

    Jo: I think we've got a way to go in the understanding of this. What
    I propose is that we try to get more clarity at the f2f.

    <Kai> agreed

    Jo: Kai - do you have anything to contribute at this stage?

    <Kai> Only to echo what Jo said.

MobileOK Scheme

    Jo: Turns out Phil hasn't done much. I will try to do something with
    it so it can be in a readable state by the f2f.
    ... Anything else?

    DKA: Let's get it off our plate so we don't spin our wheels on it
    anymore.

AOB

    Jo: Anyone? Anyone?
    ... See you all Sunday! Bye!
    ... Thanks so much to Dan for his scribing skillzzzz.

Summary of Action Items

    [End of minutes]
Received on Thursday, 16 October 2008 14:43:15 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:42:59 UTC