RE: Questions/Plans for BP2

Moving to the public list.

Jo, that it may be impractical to attach to services of 350+ GSM
Operators it itself irrelevant and a distraction, in that most Content
Providers have a much narrower focus (national in most cases, due to
langauge issues). Many Operators have large international Operations and
though there are 350+ (or more) a Content Provider can focus on one, a
few, or the top 10 and hit the 80%. Even if that were not the case,
there are aggregators that make this simpler for Content Providers, as I
have said.

There are many BP's that may be beyond the reach (by technical
expertise, system capabilities, or policy) of some Content Providers to
leverage, but that doesn't mean they aren't perfectly valid and useful
when they can be.

So without adding much in the way of advice on this (which seems like it
would be questioned anyway), we can state that use of Push as a means to
optimize over-the-air traffic (and also for it's more immediate benefit
in creating great web applications, to enable alert-based services) is
supported by most Operators and can be leveraged by inquiring as to how
the specific Operators of interest (or the aggregators that work with
them) expose this capability to the Content Provider.

Best regards,
Bryan Sullivan | AT&T