Re: New Editor's Draft (1zm) of MobileOK Basic 1.0 Tests Last Call IV Candidate - and possible further change needed :-(

Le lundi 02 juin 2008 à 17:08 +0100, Jo Rabin a écrit :
> I have just
> noticed something that we may wish to change. In the following:
> #
> Include a User-Agent header indicating the default delivery context by
> sending exactly this header:
> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/mobileok-ddc)
> #
>
> we say "exactly this header". In fact, as I understand it, a robot
> should provide information about how to contact its owner.

Two notes about this:
 * I'm not sure this is a "should" really; some robots do, others don't
 * the checker is not a robot - e.g. we don't make it follow the
robots.txt convention

That said, I can certainly see a mobileOK checker used to verify an
entire site, and thus behaving like a robot. So, I would be tempted to
relax the constraint to only require that the User-Agent header starts
exactly with that string. We should obviously highlight that change in
our last call SOTD if we get to that.

Dom