Fra: public-bpwg-request@w3.org [mailto:public-bpwg-request@w3.org] På vegne af Jo Rabin
Sendt: 20. juli 2008 12:08
Til: Sullivan, Bryan
Cc: public-bpwg@w3.org
Emne: Re: Comments to Widgets 1.0 Requirements Last Call WD

Thanks for a comprehensive review, Bryan.

My comments on the spec and on Bryan's comments are:

a. to note the similarity in use cases between mobile Web browsing and
Widgets (in that they are usually targetted, action oriented etc.) and
to suggest some reference to the work of the BPWG on Best Practices to
see what's translatable - especially for example - the text in BP2 about
backing off requests etc. at periods of low activity.

b. something about how resources (media etc) need to be compatible with
target device types and that resource dependencies need to be spelled
out, somehow, somewhere.

c. Something about what resources (screen, input device, network,
processing, etc.) are needed for effective operation - similar to
Bryan's R.21 I think

d. R16 Visual Rendering Dimensions - the text states that there must be
a way of declaring initial dimensions in pixels, which is potentially at
odds with the limited canvas available on many mobile devices, though
might be covered under c. above.

e. Something about intermittently connected widgets?

f. I don't think that we should ask for inclusion of reference to UAPROF
as suggested below. Other than that I agree with the general thrust of
the comments - but I think we should remember that the document is at
last call, so perhaps we should stop short of offering "proposed text".

Jo