W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-bpwg@w3.org > January 2008

[minutes] Thursday 23 January Teleconf

From: Francois Daoust <fd@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 18:03:24 +0100
To: public-bpwg <public-bpwg@w3.org>
Message-Id: <1201194204.6910.2.camel@localhost>

Hi,

Minutes of today's teleconf:
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/24-bpwg-minutes.html

...and copied as text below

François.


24 Jan 2008

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Jan/0059.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2008/01/24-bpwg-irc

Attendees

   Present
          AlanTai, Bryan_Sullivan, DKA, Kai_Dietrich, Magnus, SeanP,
          Sean_Owen, Yeliz, abel, achuter, francois, nacho, Jo

   Regrets
          Chaals, Daniel_Schutzer, Dave_Roberts, Ed_Mitukiewicz, Heiko,
          Jason, Kemp, MartinJ, PhilA, RobFinean, Shahriar, adam, dom,
          drooks, miguel

   Chair
          DKA

   Scribe
          AlanTai

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Mobile/Accessibility
         2. [6]Next F2F
         3. [7]Report from CT TF
         4. [8]BP2
         5. [9]Open issues and Actions
         6. [10]ISSUE-234
     * [11]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________



   <trackbot-ng> Date: 24 January 2008

   ok, just muted myself

   <francois> Scribe: AlanTai

   <francois> ScribeNick: Alan_Tai

Mobile/Accessibility

   Dan: Taskforce leaders not present, so we'll skip agenda .1

   <francois> [12]First public working draft of the Relationship
   between MWBP and WCAG doc

     [12] http://www.w3.org/mwbp-wcag/

   Alan: Accesibility main document is now a public working draft.

   It's now on W3C home page.

   <alan_chuter> Yeliz Yesilada

   Dan: Next item is BP2 document. We'll skip this for now to get to
   some logistical items.

Next F2F

   Dan: Korean F2F just over a month away.

   Francois: Should hear official news from guys in Korea. They're
   working on hotels and how to get there. Should be ready by tomorrow.

   Dan: Have a proposal for F2F in Zaragoza (Spain) and another
   proposal for in Mandelieu in October.
   ... Mandelieu is a no-brainer.

   Nacho: between 14th of June and 14th of September. Asking them about
   venue details and rooms.
   ... Expo has the same range of dates, so difficult to find rooms.

   <jo> [suggest we look only at end June or 1st week in July as
   otherwise folks tend to be away]

   <scribe> ACTION: Nacho will ask group about having it the week
   before the Expo starts. [recorded in
   [13]http://www.w3.org/2008/01/24-bpwg-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot-ng> Sorry, couldn't find user - Nacho

   <jo> ACTION: Marin will ask group about having it the week before
   the Expo starts [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2008/01/24-bpwg-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-629 - Will ask group about having it
   the week before the Expo starts [on Ignacio Marin - due 2008-01-31].

   <DKA> PROPOSED RESOLUTION: We will meet at the TPAC in France in
   October 2008.

   <nacho> +1

   <Kai> +1

   <francois> +1

   <abel> +1

   <alan_chuter> +1

   <nacho> :-)

   <DKA> RESOLUTION: We will meet at the TPAC in France in October
   2008.

   <francois> ACTION: daoust to check with organizers of the TPAC in
   France in October 2008 [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2008/01/24-bpwg-minutes.html#action03]

   <trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-630 - Check with organizers of the TPAC
   in France in October 2008 [on François Daoust - due 2008-01-31].

Report from CT TF

   Dan: Francois taking over role as BP content transformation task
   force leader.

   Francois: Current roadmap is to present something by mid-February
   and do first working draft in Korea.

   <DKA>
   [16]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-bpwg/2008Jan/att-0003
   /Mobile_Web_Best_Practices_2_0.htm

     [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-bpwg/2008Jan/att-0003/Mobile_Web_Best_Practices_2_0.htm

BP2

   Bryan: still looking for feedback.

   Dan: Can to a first public working draft by Korea F2F?

Open issues and Actions

   <francois> [17]Open issues

     [17] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/issues/open

   For issue-230, we'll put this off until next week.

   For issue-231, we need a concrete proposed resolution.

   Sean: will make issue-231 more concrete.

   <srowen> PROPOSED RESOLUTION: Close ISSUE-232 and resolve to modify
   LINK TARGET FORMAT to only apply to text resources -- those with
   known markup MIME types or "text/*"

   doh, thanks :)

   <DKA> +1

   <srowen> RESOLUTION: Close ISSUE-232 and resolve to modify LINK
   TARGET FORMAT to only apply to text resources -- those with known
   markup MIME types or "text/*"

   <DKA> Change is noted in the minutes.

   <srowen> PROPOSED RESOLUTION: modify mobileOK Basic tests to not
   consider '#' an invalid target, and to instead specifically except
   this as allowable

   <jo> -1 as it is invalid!

   <DKA> +1 as it is comon usage and not allowing it will mean that we
   fail lots of otherwise working pages

   <jo> not suggesting we fail on it

   <DKA> k kai

   <jo> [joining the call]

   <srowen> (+1 to keeping current warning)

   <dom> (+1)

   <jo> issue-233?

   <trackbot-ng> ISSUE-233 -- Need clarification of why # is invalid as
   a link target -- OPEN

   <trackbot-ng>
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/issues/233

     [18] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/issues/233

   <jo> PROPOSED RESOLUTION: ISSUE-233 leave wording as is and add
   explanatory note on why # is considered invalid

   <jo> PROPOSED RESOLUTION: ISSUE-233 leave wording as is and add
   explanatory note on why # is considered invalid and Close ISSUE

   <jo> RESOLUTION: ISSUE-233 leave wording as is and add explanatory
   note on why # is considered invalid and close issue

ISSUE-234

   <jo> issue-234?

   <trackbot-ng> ISSUE-234 -- PAGE_SIZE_LIMIT Should Objects Tasted
   count towards the overall page weight -- OPEN

   <trackbot-ng>
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/issues/234

     [19] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/issues/234

   Bryan: no way currently as a content provider that precaching is
   turned on

   Jo: Browser would have to taste the content to know what the media
   type is because it can't find out any other way.

   <DKA> ack

   <dom> [it can skip downloading when the type attribute is set,
   though]

   <jo> [agreed, but we need to find out whether that is the way real
   browsers behave]

   Dan: Not comfortable with approach of counting bytes in redirects.

   Jo: we have an inconsistency in that objects can be quite big.

   <srowen> the page weight test is intended to account for not only
   device memory limitations, but bandwidth limits *and costs*

   <Zakim> DKA, you wanted to note that page weight is not just about
   bandwidth

   Srowen: this issue would discourage people from using th enested
   object tag. Agrees with Dan that this shouldn't count against total
   page weight.

   doh, sorry--you guys all sound the same :)

   <DKA> :)

   <Zakim> jo, you wanted to say that before we ignore them we should
   make sure that they are indeed retrieved

   Jo: We should see what browsers actually do, then we can make an
   assessment on whether it's ok to ignore or not.

   <Zakim> jo, you wanted to say that we are in fact discouraging
   people from using Object, but only in the respect tha we are asking
   them to be aware that there is a cost associated with it

   Action for Francois to talk with Dom and get more data.

   <francois> ACTION: daoust to check with Dom about test cases for
   ISSUE-234 [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2008/01/24-bpwg-minutes.html#action04]

   <trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-631 - Check with Dom about test cases
   for ISSUE-234 [on François Daoust - due 2008-01-31].

   Dan: We'll put issue-234 on backburner and come back to it.

   <nacho> bye

   <abel> bye

   ok, cool

   bye

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: daoust to check with Dom about test cases for
   ISSUE-234 [recorded in
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2008/01/24-bpwg-minutes.html#action04]
   [NEW] ACTION: daoust to check with organizers of the TPAC in France
   in October 2008 [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2008/01/24-bpwg-minutes.html#action03]
   [NEW] ACTION: Marin will ask group about having it the week before
   the Expo starts [recorded in
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2008/01/24-bpwg-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: Nacho will ask group about having it the week before
   the Expo starts. [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2008/01/24-bpwg-minutes.html#action01]

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [25]scribe.perl version 1.133
    ([26]CVS log)
    $Date: 2008/01/24 16:58:47 $

     [25] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [26] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 24 January 2008 17:01:12 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 25 March 2022 10:09:51 UTC