W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-bpwg@w3.org > January 2008

[minutes] Thursday 3 January Teleconf

From: Francois Daoust <fd@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 16:52:44 +0100
To: public-bpwg <public-bpwg@w3.org>
Message-Id: <1199375564.6736.12.camel@DOUST-LAPTOP>

Happy New Year!

The minutes of the teleconf are available at:
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/03-bpwg-minutes.html

and copied as text below.

François.


3 Jan 2008

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Jan/0000.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2008/01/03-bpwg-irc

Attendees

   Present
          miguel, jo, francois, DKA, AlanTai, MartinJ, Bryan_Sullivan,
          SeanP

   Regrets
          kai, adam, drooks, nacho, abel_rionda, achuter

   Chair
          DKA

   Scribe
          Jo, francois

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Good Standing Rules
         2. [6]Actions for the group in 2008
     * [7]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________



   <francois> Date: 3 January 2008

   <DKA> zakim aabb is Martin Jones

   <jo> scribe: Jo

   <scribe> scribenick: Jo

   <scribe> scribenick: francois

   <jo> scribe: francois

Good Standing Rules

   <DKA> [8]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/GoodStanding.html

      [8] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/GoodStanding.html

   DKA: Jo, you wanted to add the Good Standing Rules to the agenda
   ... and also an update on group membership in generally

   <Zakim> francois, you wanted to mention the existence of a draft
   page for a Good Standing rules tracker page

   -> [9]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/GoodStandingTracker.html

      [9] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/GoodStandingTracker.html

   <inserted> jo: wanted to welcome representation from HP and welcome
   Martin Jones who is replacing Rhys from Volantis

   Francois: explaining the tracker page...

   <jo> looks good francois!

   <DKA> [10]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/open

     [10] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/open

   Francois: mostly automatic, but we'll still have to do a few things
   manually

Actions for the group in 2008

   DKA: main action is the BP2 document. I believe we have an editor.
   ... now that we have an editor, we need to think about how we can
   start the document, put things together
   ... I'm open to suggestions on how to start that.
   ... In the meantime, let's go through the action log

   <jo> CLOSE ACTION-491

   <trackbot-ng> ACTION-491 Send strawman mobileOK DR to the group list
   closed

   ACTION-530?

   <trackbot-ng> ACTION-530 -- Edward Mitukiewicz to draft a page on
   context and its effect on content authors etc -- due 2008-01-10 --
   OPEN

   <trackbot-ng>
   [11]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/530

     [11] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/530

   scribe: Ed is not here today

   ACTION-589?

   <trackbot-ng> ACTION-589 -- Daniel Appelquist to look for one or
   more likely candidates to adopt techniques and make arrangements ref
   copyright and attribution -- due 2007-11-12 -- OPEN

   <trackbot-ng>
   [12]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/589

     [12] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/589

   scribe: haven't done anything on this action 589 yet
   ... I'm gonna start working on ACTION-594 this week
   ... ACTION-603, Jo?

   <jo> action-604?

   <trackbot-ng> ACTION-604 -- Jo Rabin to elaborate current draft
   especially in the areas of requirements -- due 2007-12-04 -- OPEN

   <trackbot-ng>
   [13]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/604

     [13] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/604

   Jo: no progress

   DKA: We don't have a TF lead for the CT TF.
   ... my suggestion is that we take the TF in the main part of the
   group
   ... Jo, what do you think?

   Jo: I would continue separate calls. Bryan, what do you think?

   Bryan: Yes. For the moment, I would continue with separate calls.

   Jo: We should review that end of January. We should be close to
   working draft

   DKA: so it's possible that we continue without requiring a TF lead.

   Jo: I think it's not good practice for me to be both Chair and
   Editor

   ACTION-609?

   <trackbot-ng> ACTION-609 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to get the
   work on the mobileOK test suite started -- due 2008-01-10 -- OPEN

   <trackbot-ng>
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/609

     [14] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/609

   DKA: we'll wait for Dom to come back on that
   ... The only other real opened action we have is ACTION-614.
   ... Let's move on with open issues
   ... We could start discussions on BP2... or I'm opened to
   suggestions

   Jo: I propose that rather than spend unstructured time on BP2, we
   start to think a bit before the discussion. Bryan?

   <jo> +1 to closing the call

   <scribe> ACTION: Bryan to circulate his thoughts on BP2 so that we
   set up an agenda [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2008/01/03-bpwg-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-616 - Circulate his thoughts on BP2 so
   that we set up an agenda [on Bryan Sullivan - due 2008-01-10].

   <jo> PROPOSED RESOLUTION: Happy New Year!

   +1

   DKA: OK, I think we're gonna close the call then..

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Bryan to circulate his thoughts on BP2 so that we set
   up an agenda [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2008/01/03-bpwg-minutes.html#action01]

   [End of minutes]

     [17] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [18] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 3 January 2008 15:52:50 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:08:54 UTC