Re: ISSUE-237 (Define Mobile Web Applications): What is the definition of a "Mobile Web Application" for the purposes of BP2? [Mobile Web Applications Best Practices]

I agree, if a widget is acting as a web browser, well, that's fine and
in scope. It's a web browser as far as we're concerned.

BP1 was, rightly, not focused on the user agent itself, but rather on
what the application was delivering. It was convenient to express this
as the DDC, a fictional device profile, but again it didn't describe a
user agent technology, but rather things that the application could
assume were OK to deliver.

I know people decided to can the ADC, but I think we are just going to
end up listing out what an application can and can't assume it can
deliver, and that will implicitly define the ADC anyway. In that
sense, I am pretty sure that it was a mistake to decide against this.
I won't squawk if we don't say "ADC" in BP2, even if we are describing
it anyway, even if that would draw a nice and easily-understandable
parallel to BP1's DDC.

I think Dan's statement is trying to rule out things like, say, J2ME
applications communicating with some custom protocol to a server, or
Android or iPhone apps, or anything that isn't using "web"
technologies of the sort I listed.