Re: BP2 Name Problem: Delivery context assumed not stated?

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 14:20:00 +0200
To: public-bpwg <public-bpwg@w3.org>

Le vendredi 04 avril 2008 à 07:52 -0400, Jeff Sonstein a écrit :
> all mobile browsers do not (yet) support the same minimal-capabilities-
> set
> so our code has to figure out at run-time
> how to adjust to the browser environment
> actually encountered on the client

Somewhat related, the Mobile Web Test Suites Working Group is developing
a so called "mobile ACID test" (although we don't think the name is
completely appropriate) that gathers a set of "advanced" technologies in
a single test case:
http://dev.w3.org/2008/mobile-test/test.html
(explained at http://dev.w3.org/2008/mobile-test/doc.html )

Maybe a similar test could be used to define a rough baseline for BP2?

Coming back to the origin of the thread, I agree the document shouldn't
be called "Mobile Web Best Practices 2"; I think "Mobile Web
Applications Best Practices" better reflects what the document is about.

Dom