Re: Mobile Markup Test

Le vendredi 08 juin 2007 à 18:25 +0200, Herwig Feichtinger a écrit :
> the problem I mentioned earlier regarding the error message "The page
> has text/plain as a media type; that media type is not supported by
> Default Delivery Context" might be a cacheing effect.
>
> If I change the page but the Last-Modified date is the same as before, a
> "Not modified" response might be interpreted as text/plain by the
> validator.

As it happens, it is not that it is interpreted that way, but rather
that it is served that way by your server:
        HEAD -H "If-modified-since: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 15:53:52 GMT" http://www.shamrock.de/pda
        304 Not modified
        Cache-Control: max-age=57600
        Connection: close
        Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 06:00:02 GMT
        Server: Apache/1.3.33 (Unix)
        Expires: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 22:00:02 GMT

Your perl script should either not send a Content-Type header with that
304, or serve the same Content-Type as the original request.

>  Just an idea. (A Perl script is used to create PDA content
> from another file, and the date of this source file is used for
> Last-Modified, so Last-Modified did not change when I edited the Perl
> script.)

(Note that you could make it so that your perl script also takes into
account its own modification date)

Dom