Re: [STRUCTURE] in Comments on AccessibilityTF draft 0b

On 17/10/2007, Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com> wrote:
> [STRUCTURE] Use features of the markup language to indicate logical
> document structure
> CMN: Also WCAG 2.1, 3.6, 3.7, 5.1, 5.2, 6.1

Headings (CP 2.1) is covered in the WCAG section (using headings
allows avoiding reliance on color, but not vice versa).

Lists (CP 3.6), quotations (CP 3.7), data tables (CP 5.1 and 5.2) are
structural elements but they aren't mentioned in the BP. However there
is a "Structural Elements" link in the text that looks like it was
supposed to link to a section with a detailed list of them, but it
doesn't work as it links back to the same section. So while it may
have been the intention to widen the scope to include the other
structural elements, the reader will only read about section headings
and stop at that. So I think we can only claim that it meets WCAG CP
3.5.

I have added that it helps conform to CP 6.1 "Organize documents so
they may be read without style sheets".

cheers,

Alan

--