Re: URLs and access issues

Hi Jonny, I wasn't sure the @media would be recognized with my old PDA
but it worked! I happened to be working on a CSS horizontal drop down
menu on a Web site that also needs to display on PDA's. On my old PDA it
looked horrible and the browser didn't understand all the CSS 2.1. With
the @media that problem was easily solved. When a PDA browses the page
it gets a simple navigation style.

Not only that but I just read that with @import
(http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/cascade.html#x6) I can specify which style
sheet to call (PDA version, Normal version, tty). This is very cool.
Especially when I want to keep the file sizes down for small devices.

@import url("fineprint.css") print;
@import url("bluish.css") projection, tv;

I'm also working on my personal site, and trying to develop a universal
design that includes WAIG 1.0, and displays well on cell phones, PDA's,
computers etc. CSS is  important to my accessibility goals and I'm just
now trying to learn beyond the basics. This was an important piece of
information.

Thank you!
Tamara Taylor