RE: Feedback on MWBP 1.0

From: Rotan Hanrahan <Rotan.Hanrahan@MobileAware.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 10:12:43 -0000
To: "Tom Hume" <Tom.Hume@futureplatforms.com>, Magnus Lönnroth <magnus.lonnroth@drutt.com>
Cc: <public-bpwg@w3.org>

>> what form is TBD - I personally hope the BPWG will favor ease-of-use
>> over elegance and recommend something dirt-simple like an element
>> attribute and *not* a new XML namespace etc.
>
>So is working out what sort of metadata we should add in, part of the scope of this document?

You will find that this is something that the Device Independence WG is working on. In fact, the issue of using an additional attribute (specifically "role" as in XHTML 2.0) is being considered. This is already the case for WAI where role information would be of use to assistive technologies. I believe I mentioned this at the MWI London event a couple of days ago.

---Rotan

[...]