RE: Best Practices document - not best practices

> I think mobile users are different to Web users as print reading was
different to Web surfing.

Exactly, mobile IS a new media, but a media using "same" IT technologies
that PC.

Even print can benefit from web technologies :
You can have specific CSS for print, but this is for "smart rendering of a
printed WEB page", not to create a magazine ad page.

So specific "handeld" CSS may be considered to be for "smart rendering of a
mobile-displayed WEB page". But creating a real mobile-user-centric
application such as weather news or maps, requires more specific design and
programming, even if it is still using web technologies.

Understanding these two (with a very blurred fronteer) levels (acceptable
rendering, and real mobile user experience) is the key.

Regards,
Nicolas Combelles
Apocope