RE: Best Practices document - not best practices

At 06:58 PM 8/2/2005, Nicolas Combelles wrote:
>... I think we should try to isolate the different issues to build
>specific topics with shortest mails. ...

Yes. I have my mail client set to not download a message by default of more
than 30kbytes. So much of this discussion has passed me by.

>Possible topics I see ... Access and communication  ... Usability ...
>Context of use ... Cases where a specific mobile version is relevant. ...

These are good topics. To make the discussion more concrete, consider the
case of Sahana; a disaster management system built for the 2004 Asian
Tsunami and now being redesigned as an open source humanitarian project
<http://www.reliefsource.org/foss/index.php/Sahana>. Such a system needs to
work with limited equipment and bandwidth, with people speaking different
languages.

I have suggested using W3C's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines to make
the system more flexible
<http://www.reliefsource.org/foss/index.php/Dev:UI>. But what other
practices could be suggested?

Tom Worthington FACS HLM tom.worthington@tomw.net.au Ph: 0419 496150
Director, Tomw Communications Pty Ltd            ABN: 17 088 714 309
http://www.tomw.net.au                PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617
Visiting Fellow, Computer Science, Australian National University