RE: Status mobileOK Pro

Go ahead Manrique, run with it :-)
Please reformulate the tests that we had assigned to Dan.

As for Testing...

> I am not sure about this, but maybe TESTING is something
> related with other tests, and providing a group of device
> capabilities could help making other tests more repeatable.
> Consider something like:
> TESTING
> "Inform about the next device capabilities used in tests:
> - Screen size (or resolution)
> - Color depth"
> If capabilities listed in each category are less than 2
> [FAIL] (to make the 'tester' use more than 3 different sizes
> or color depths, i.e.) If capabilitites listed are more than
> 2 and less than 4 [WARN] If capabilitites listed are 5 or more [PASS]
>
> This way, some tests could be releated with this:
> - PAGE SIZE USABLE: For each "screen size" value in TESTING,
> if page exceeds 3 screen sizes in length [FAIL]

The core of the TESTING Best Practice is that testing should be performed.
The problem is, how to do you check it both quantitatively and qualitatively?
While providing a suite a capabilities that should be tested surely is a good thing (and not a bad idea at that), it will always be short of what we need.
Also, there is more to it.  For example testing with different and real devices, not emulators or the DDC...for example.

We have not found an answer to this, but if you can work out a clear test for testing I'd be curious to see it.

-- Kai