RE: [agenda] CT Call 6 January 2009

Happy new year everyone. A quick update on the status of an updated editor's draft - I'm afraid I haven't made as much progress as this as I wanted to over the break but will try to have something this week.

Jo

-----Original Message-----
From: public-bpwg-ct-request@w3.org [mailto:public-bpwg-ct-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Francois Daoust
Sent: 05 January 2009 10:50
To: public-bpwg-ct
Subject: [agenda] CT Call 6 January 2009

Hi guys and happy new year!

Here is the agenda for tomorrow's CT call.
This could be the last CT-only call, see Topic 4. below.

-----
Chair: François
Staff Contact: François
Known regrets: none

Date: 2008-01-06T1500Z for 60mn
Phone: +1.617.761.6200, +33.4.89.06.34.99, +44.117.370.6152
Conference code: 2283 ("BCTF") followed by # key
IRC channel: #bpwg on irc.w3.org, port 6665.

Latest draft:
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/TaskForces/CT/editors-drafts/Guidelines/081107

1. Mandating respect of some heuristics
-----

- should a mobile CT proxy be allowed to transform content that was
developed with mobile in mind?
- forbid restructuring and recoding in the cases mentioned by Dom?
- allow exceptions to the rules as proposed by Eduardo?
- add an equivalent to section 4.1.5.4 on responses?

2. WML and the guidelines
-----
Threads:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg-ct/2008Nov/0068.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg-ct/2008Nov/0071.html

- Mostly merged with previous topic
- Amend the text on http-equiv not to mention *HTML* content specifically?

3. LC-2040 - On properly defining the X-Device-* headers
-----
Doc:
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/TaskForces/CT/editors-drafts/Guidelines/081107#sec-original-headers
Last Call comment:
http://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/37584/WD-ct-guidelines-20080801/2040

- Last discussion showed support for not defining blank new HTTP
headers, not to add to the already existing mess.

PROPOSED RESOLUTION: stick to X-Device-* header fields names on the
ground that there is already a number of "existing" X- HTTP header
fields for the same purpose, and that adding yet other "cleaner" ones
would only create confusion.

4. Merging with the main body of the Working Group
-----
Announcement (member-only link):
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-bpwg/2008Dec/0034.html
Questionnaire:
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/37584/BPWG-mergingcalls/

- idea is to have only one call for CT and the main body of BPWG.
- date/time of the merged conference is up to vote.
- merged call could start next week.

5. On the guidelines
-----
Long thread starting at:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg-ct/2008Dec/0036.html

- summary?

6. Cache-Control extension mechanisms
-----

- a long time ago, we resolved not to go down that path.
- any reason to reconsider our decision?

7. AOB
-----

Francois.