Re: Feedback on content transformation guidelines ( LC-2066 LC-2067 LC-2068 LC-2069 LC-2070 LC-2071 LC-2073 LC-2072 LC-2074 LC-2075 LC-2076 LC-2077 LC-2078 LC-2079 LC-2080 LC-2081 LC-2082 LC-2083 LC-2084)

Not that I'm going to go around the houses with you on this one again,
Luca...

My point is, you're applying a double standard: in the case of probing
you're expecting site authors to account for it (which as you say, they can
do easily). In other cases (looking at different HTTP headers or adding a
no-transform directive) you're saying it's unreasonable for them to be
expected to make changes.

I think either position could be consistent by itself, but together they're
contradictory.

work: Tom.Hume@futureplatforms.com play: tomhume.org