Re: Changing User Agent Header Value (was Re: transcoders bad)

I think one of Jo's points is that the W3C is not the government or
any kind of enforcement agency. Transcoder vendors can do whatever
they like, period, regardless of what any of us write. One can only
recommend.

How about this part?
http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-ct-guidelines-20080801/#sec-request-no-transform
 A transcoder that follows this recommendation does not force
transcoding on all requests, which sounds like something everyone
agrees on.

This is the place to submit a proposed change, perhaps related to
these sections.