Re: Comments on Content Transformation Guidelines?

I think we are saying basically the same thing here. What I am saying is
that end2middle+middle2end is not the same as end2end security. I go as
far as considering this some kind of MITM attack. While you don't.
The problem remains, though. HTTPS is associated (and supposed to be
associated) with end2end security. The CT Guidelines are accepting the
notion that such e2e security can be compromised under some
circumstances. All is given is a vague "must advise user of the security
implications".

Also, you say that content owners can detect transcoders through the VIA
header and possibly other headers too. Unfortunately, 99%+ of websites
are not even aware of the existence of such trascoders, so I don't find
it fair to argue that they get a chance to realize that it is a fake
HTTPS connection they are managing.

In short, you can turn this any way you want, but it still looks
unacceptable to me (and I could bet $500 that everyone who seriously
understands HTTPS will agree with me)

Luca