Re: Comments on Content Transformation Guidelines?

 > do perform a man-in-the-middle-attack, and IMO this should not be
 > endorsed by the W3C guidelines.

The W3C Content Transformation Guidelines don't endorse Content
Transformation, period. Specifically they don't endorse interception of
HTTPS.

 > security". Well, this is not up to the user to decide, I am afraid.

That's not so, in my view. It's up to the user and the content provider
to accept that they are willing to communicate over what may be a
compromised channel. Neither of them has to accept that, both of them
need to know that the channel is compromised, if it is.

Jo