Re: Business cases Re: Summary of last weeks discussion...

I agree with you both, but the intention is to say that the
information can be the basis for a business case. The text I used is:
"It attempts to provide a basis for building the business case".
Perhaps it should be "provide information for".

On the other hand, a business case is important. It seems that while
Web accessibility advocates have to argue the case with whatever
justification they can, be it increased turnover, human rights, ease
of maintenance or whatever, the Mobile Web BP document seem to assume
that content developers will be falling over each other in the rush to
adopt it. That's understandable in a sector that's in a bubble but
some common sense justification is needed there too and the MWI would
do well to address the issue in another document. The MWBP limits
itself to saying "improve the user experience of the Web", avoiding
cost-benefit considerations.

So I think that the text is correct, but I take the point that the
document should avoid arguing for one thing or the other and just
state the technical facts.

cheers,

Alan