Re: NAVBAR and WCAG checkpoint 13.6, "Group related links...."

Thanks for your feedback on this.

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
> I disagree that this is not considered in WCAG 1.0 (although it may not
> be clearly expressed there). I am pretty sure that some time back in the
> 90s this was even mentioned explicitly as a technique for meeting that
> checkpoint. I think we should say so here.
I don't mean that it should be mentioned in WCAG 1.0 and that it's a
failing in the document, but just that it isn't mentioned anywhere. From
what the techniques say [1] and by doing some user testing one could
arrive at the conclusion that it is a good idea, but it's not mentioned
and so the BP doesn't give compliance. But the document does recommend it
in the previous section.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10-HTML-TECHS/#group-bypass

> ... (As a general point, this document should be offered to WCAG as
> feedback for techniques on the off chance that they ever finish or drop
> WCAG 2 and get down to actually explaining the techniques that can be
> applied to making the web accesible...)
I have contacted them and sent a message to the WG list but have had no
response, although they are aware of what's happening (I've been told
through other channels).

cheers,

Alan

--
Alan Chuter
Accessibility Consultant

If you are unable to reply to this message because of spam filter, try my
alternative address achuter.technosite@yahoo.com.

Si no puede contestar a este mensaje por culpa del filtro de spam, intente
con mi dirección alternativa achuter.technosite@yahoo.com.