Re: Accessibility document [PROVIDE_DEFAULTS]

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 17:15:04 +0100, Miguel Garcia
<miguel.garcia@fundacionctic.org> wrote:

> Yes, I agree with removing last sentence "However, there is debate
> about...."
>
> In WCAG 1.0 compliance paragraph specify default values are needed for
> all text controls in order to achivec WCAG 1.0 compliance.
>
> [proposed update]
> Does it give me WCAG 1.0 compliance?: If default values are used >>in
> all text controls<< this ensures compliance with checkpoint 10.4 "Until
> user agents handle empty controls correctly, include default,
> place-holding characters in edit boxes and text areas" for the controls
> concerned.
> [end proposed update]

I agree with Alan and Miguel that this document is not the place to argue
about WCAG 1.0, and I think Miguel's proposed text (above) is a good way
to capture what we want to say.

(Do we need to be cc'ing the whole working group on this?)

cheers

Chaals

http://my.opera.com/chaals              Try the Kestrel - Opera 9.5 alpha