Re: Accessibility document IMAGES_SPECIFY_SIZE and WCAG CP 3.4 on relative units

Hi David,

This BP doesn't help achieve compliance with the WCAG checkpoint 3.4
[1]. I think what you are getting at is the use of px as the unit of
measure. Doing so would apparently be a problem for complying with the
checkpoint, as it is apparently prohibited. However, the CSS
Techniques [2] say "Only use absolute length units when the physical
characteristics of the output medium are known, such as bitmap images"
which as I understand it suggests that you can.

So, on that basis I suggest leaving the text as it is. At present it
is only in the list of "no added accessibility benefit" BPs.

A.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/WAI-WEBCONTENT/#tech-relative-units
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10-CSS-TECHS/#units

--