Re: BPMLOD and string metadata

Dear Christian and all,

I agree that currently there is a disconnect between the stakeholders.
One technical step to take would be to provide BCP 47 identifiers as
URIs, ideally even as RDF based URIs, so that others can attach to the
URIs the missing metadata and re-use them in other contexts.

I tried to argue for that in the i18n WG, but we did not proceed so far,
also or mainly because of responsibilities: who should host such URIs,
the IETF or W3C or the Unicode consortium? Or should we just write a
description how to construct the URIs? Maybe this thread helps to
re-animate the discussion.

Best,

Felix