Re: TEI to multilingual LOD

On 12.08.2014 17:53, Kalvesmaki, Joel wrote:
> [cross-posted BPMLOD, LD4LT]
>
> Greetings,
>
> I am working on an XML project that deals principally (but not exclusively) with text alignment, on both the segment and word/token level. Target users are scholars who are Text Encoding Initiative (TEI) users or would-be users (esp. the intimidated). One aim is to create a TEI customization and ecosystem that would optimize the data for reuse as multilingual LOD, in a format that remains as human readable as possible. The project is in its very, very early stages.
>
> I realize that such work only overlaps with the mandates of the BPMLOD and LD4LT groups, so I'd like to hear off-list from any members who either might already be doing something similar, or who might be interested in such an effort.

Dear Joel,

Thanks for your mail on this. Just wanted to inform that we did some few
experiments on porting 2 related TEI encoded lexicons of Arabic dialects
to LOD compliant formats (using SKOS and lemon, but now looking at the
ontolex model, which is building on lemon). In case you can send me some
few examples of your TEI data, I could see how close this would be to
our experiments.

Best

Thierry

PS The paper http://www.dfki.de/lt/publication_show.php?id=7352
describes part of our work

--
Thierry Declerck,
Senior Consultant at DFKI GmbH, Language Technology Lab

Firmensitz: Trippstadter Strasse 122, D-67663 Kaiserslautern

Geschaeftsfuehrung:
Dr. Walter Olthoff

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes