Re: Internationalized local names

Am 18.09.13 22:08, schrieb John McCrae:
> Hi,
>
> The issue is really what you mean by local names.

I think Jose means the path part of the URI vs. the domain part. See
http://www.w3.org/International/articles/idn-and-iri/#problem
The figure below "We will use the following fictitious Web address in
most of the examples on this page: "

Following that terminology one could say: a best practice is not to use
IDN, but one is encouraged to use non ASCII characters in the path (if
needed).

It may also make sense to have a "basic concepts" section that
introduces path and domain name by example.

Best,

Felix