Re: Chainpoint Community Group Announcement

Mountie,

Here's a quick but incomplete answer:

Each private blockchain will likely have it's own method.  We plan on
adding a URI anchor type to a future version of Chainpoint.  This would
allow you to publish the anchor to IPFS, Twitter, AWS S3 or anywhere else
you want.  When combined with anchoring data in to a POW chain (Bitcoin),
you can get strong assurance that the integrity of your data can be
verified.  The key is to anchor into multiple sources so you don't have a
single point of failure.

I agree with you that you want to be able to anchor data and impose the
minimal externality onto the chain.  In the case of Bitcoin, one of the
historical points of contention has been the UTXO pool. Bottom-line: miners
will start to filter transactions or demand high transaction fees if
everyone increases the load on the blockchain. There is no free lunch!

It's possible to construct an anchor into Bitcoin that can be verified
against the block header. Peter Todd has done this with OpenTimeStamps.
We're testing additional anchor types with Chainpoint.

Wayne

[image: Tierion] <http://tierion.com/>

Wayne Vaughan / CEOwayne@tierion.com / 860.836.8633

Tierionhttp://tierion.com