From: Lemieux, Victoria <v.lemieux@ubc.ca>
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2016 7:49:49 AM
To: Wayne Vaughan
Cc: Mountie Lee; Blockchain CG
Subject: Re: proposal to change mission statement

Hi All, Apologies that I have been out of touch lately - I had some urgent travel come up . . .

Comments on the mission statement:

1. I like the original version below, but think we could also add “To consider how blockchain standards can leverage or inter-operate with existing W3C standards”
2. Although I am sympathetic with the spirit of integreting blockchain payments and integration of wallet technology into browsers and other apps, I actually don’t agree that the PRIMARY use case for blockchains is payments.  This may become more obvious as we gather together specific use cases.
3. I agree that it will be helpful to start systematically capturing/developing a blockchain terminological database.
4. We may also want to consider other standard making initiatives, e.g., the aforementioned ISO Blockchain standard initiative, and how our work can leverage/support/fill gaps.

Best wishes,
Victoria