Re: Question about 'ontologizing' a survey?

Hi,

Many thanks for this detailed response. I'm going to break it down to see
if I understand it or not ;-)

I am not sure you want markup:

   1. rich description of the questionnaire or
   2. semantic annotations (named entity recognition of some chunks of
   text) or
   3. semantic association (assigning tags/annotations to a question).

For 1, I guess it means some statements like, *this is a questionnaire*, *this
is a medical questionnaire*, *this relates to covid risk*, etc.? I can see
why this would be useful (and probably close to what BioSchemas is for),
but it isn't what I'm trying to do here. I should think about it though!
I'll look at the profiles here
<https://bioschemas.org/tutorials/howto/howto_right_profile> and look
at annotations
here <https://bioschemas.org/tutorials/howto/howto_add_markup>.

As you said, "questionnaire markup could be of interest for others", I've
kicked off a discussion here:
https://github.com/BioSchemas/specifications/issues/635

For 2, I think that's what I want. I've looked at putting the question
strings here:
https://bioportal.bioontology.org/annotator

but my 'issue' is that I don't know which ontologies to pick... The idea is
to use the annotation to find all questions related to 'heart health'
broadly, while the specific terms used in the question may be very specific
or apparently unrelated. e.g. "What is your blood pressure?", "How many
times a week do you exercise?"... Which ontology relates these two back to
'heart health'?

For 3, how is this different from 2? The linked profile looks good, but
seems like a way to implement something that I don't have a grasp of yet...

Many thanks again for your detailed reply. Sorry for the (continued!) basic
questions!

Dan.