Re: What is the difference between a ChemicalSubstance and a MolecularEntity?

Hi Egon, All,

Could the ChemicalSubstance then have a definition which is not  a
repeat of it's name. Also its unique properties refer in it's text
to molecular entity not to the ChemicalSubstance.

chemicalRole
A role played by the *molecular* entity within a chemical context.

molecularFormula
The empirical formula is the simplest whole number ratio of all the
atoms in a *molecule*.

potentialUse
Intended use of the *molecular* entity by humans.
(Whom else could use it ?)

Perhaps, because during development they have been moved from one to the
other (These properties also exist in MolecularEntity). In any case not
quite consistent.

Regarding the naming of the MolecularEntity is there a specific reason
why it is called Molecular and not Chemical? Is this because the root
class is BioChemEntity and BioChemEntity -> ChemicalEntity would be weird?

Regards,
Jerven