De: "fmichel" <fmichel@i3s.unice.fr>
À: public-bioschemas@w3.org
Envoyé: Mercredi 12 Juin 2019 12:30:25
Objet: Re: Request for comments on first Bioschemas release to schema.org

Dear Alasdair and all,

I'm puzzled about wether we should push the Taxon type right now or wait for the next round.

In [ https://github.com/BioSchemas/specifications/issues/309#issuecomment-495881544 | issue
      309 ] , we agreed that we should create a second term TaxonName, and relate it with Taxon using two new properties: e.g. referenceName and synonym (exact wording to be discussed).

Yet, using type TaxonName and the associated Taxon's properties would be optional. The current Taxon type specification works for cases where we describe names only using properties name and alternateName (the Taxon profile should be updated though).

So, two options:
- either we create the Taxon type now, and in a second round we add TaxonName + 2 properties for Taxon.
- or we wait and we create both types only during the second round.

What's best? Maybe the first option has the advantage of allowing for feed-back that can be taken into account later on ?

Franck.