Re: Why is PhysicalThing.additionalType recommended rather than mandatory

Thanks for making that change, Leyla.  I wasn't sure about the exact status
of the PhysicalEntity/Record specifications.  It would be very good to go
through them as a group in October.  Personally, I like this new structure
from what I've seen so far.

In the InterMine case it might be that a user can't provide a URI because
their new class is something that isn't in an ontology (yet).  Initially, I
was thinking that maybe we could allow a bare string, but I also like
Michel's suggestion that it could be a link to a general term.  However, I
wonder if this could affect findability, e.g. an InterMine user labels an
entity as an 'organic polymer' [1] but it gets swamped in a search engine
because there are also millions of entities in organic polymer subclasses.

Or maybe even this minimum level of structure, when combined with a bit
more information like a name term, is sufficient to whittle down the hits
to make cross data source search more useful than at present.

[1] http://semanticscience.org/resource/SIO_010346.rdf