Re: Protein representation with a Bioschemas context ()

I agree.  As Alasdair and Franck say, I feel that a major benefit of schema.org is in providing agreed upon minimal terms that aid findability.

Pragmatically, data sources would always be free to use their own terms and additionalTypes (I don't think that bioschemas can or should forbid this), but they
should be aware that there are agreed upon terms that will make their data findable/usable by a distributed community, rather than only by a few applications
that are especially aware of their markup.

I also agree with Stephen that relying on a central collator is too much overhead.  To me, this introduces a single point of failure that conflicts with the
spirit of the web.

-- Justin Clark-Casey