Re: Diagram of it all

Did you spot the contradiction, in one of your diagrams, to my axioms?
In my little world, if a resource has only one representation, then
much of what you say about the representation has to also be true of
the resource - for example, whether its content contains the letter
'x'. This rules out the resource being an RDF graph, and the
representation being a serialization of it, since for any
serialization, there are almost certainly characters that occur in it,
but not in the graph.  (You could probably carefully construct a graph
and a serialization of it that contained the same letters, but then I
would pick a different metadata property, and go through the argument
again.)

This shows that TimBL's intuition that RDF graphs mustn't be
information resources follows logically from a strong stance on
metadata generation and interpretation. Without a connection as strong
as this, I'm not sure that the httpRange-14 rule is worth the trouble,
since theories weaker than this have no "teeth" and are not good for
much.  I wish I were wrong, but I don't think I am.

Jonathan