Re: summary so far.

Pat Hayes wrote:
> On Mar 2, 2011, at 11:30 AM, Nathan wrote:
>
>> Jonathan Rees wrote:
>>> You're generting stuff more quickly than I can process it. I will be
>>> selective and not comment on everything that I could.
>> np, feedback, or a call to discuss, the last iteration:
>>  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-awwsw/2011Mar/0014.html
>> would be appreciated, and how it maps out to, or affects ir-axioms.

>>> No. Only TimBL's requirement that these be distinct breaks. (Maybe
>>> that's what you mean by "things" but you need to be more specific.)
>> and RDF's requirement, in fact URIs is it not, that two different URIs refer to two different things unless explicitly stated that they refer to the same thing?
>
> No. RDF (and RDFS, OWL etc.) make no assumptions about unique naming. Any two different URIs might or might not refer to the same thing.

surely there is some world view, that given <x> and <y>, unless you
know, infer, or are told otherwise, then they refer to different things?
or is the view that given any two URIs it is default to consider them as
all referring to the same thing?

take for example the case in question:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-awwsw/2011Mar/0006.html

by looking only at the set of representations only, you'd conclude that
they are all the same (?), by looking at the URIs only, you'd conclude
that they are different (?)

what's your view on this case, how do you think/feel it should be
(personally).

Best,

Nathan