Re: Candidate message to TAG re httpRange-14 resolution

Jonathan makes an important claim in the center of his case:

"...  because most useful

> predicates are either defined only on information resources or
> undefined on information resources.  "

I wish (and once believed) that this were true, but unfortunately it is not. The most obvious example is simply a date of creation, which can apply both to a material thing (eg a date of birth) and to an information resource (eg a birth certificate.)

OK, he does say 'most', but the point is that there are some important ones that this is not true of, and this is enough to rather damage the case for tolerating the ambiguity.

Pat Hayes