Re: FRBR and the Web

Hi Jonathan,

On Sat, 2011-02-12 at 20:31 -0500, Jonathan Rees wrote:
> FYA, I wrote up some of my thoughts on how FRBR relates to the web and
> to webarch.
>
> http://odontomachus.wordpress.com/2011/02/13/frbr-and-the-web/

That write-up feels like it is going down the path of attempting to
discover the natural laws that govern what is and what is not an
InformationResource.  Personally, I don't think that path is going to
work very well, because to my mind an InformationResource is merely a
*role* in the web architecture: *anything* can be considered an
InformationResource if one chooses to give it that role, though some
things are more appropriate for that role than others.   This is not
exactly what AWWW currently says, but so far it's the only
interpretation that makes sense to me, as otherwise we keep running into
muddiness: there never seems to be a clear distinction of what is and
what is not an InformationResource.

--
David Booth, Ph.D.
http://dbooth.org/