Subject: [pedantic-web] Re: [foaf-dev] [FOAF spec revised] foaf:logo
aninverse-functional-property?
------------------------

From: *Axel Polleres* <axel.polleres@deri.org>
Date: Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 1:08 PM
To: Aidan Hogan <aidan.hogan@deri.org>, Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Cc: pedantic-web@googlegroups.com, foaf-dev Friend of a <
foaf-dev@lists.foaf-project.org>

Dan, Aidan, all,

> >     * index.rdf: removed some false disjointness claims: people can be
> > documents (tatoos);

I have to admit that really causes me major pain ...

> ...anything to do with [6]? Or perhaps you've just been watching re-runs
> of Prison Break :).

> people can be documents (tatoos);

the person is not the tattoo, the tattoo is *on* the person or on its body,
that's quite
something different, IMO! I think that Aidan's slide at [6] was definitly
meant as a joke...

It reminds me of the endless discussion why people shouldn't use their
homepage as their identifier...
because the homepage is not a person... and that's that, I think actually
it's good like that.

In whole, I think the disjointness between docs and persons totally makes
sense (and helps us
to find nonsense in linked data!):

By which community influence has this change been justified?
Please don't remove it!

Thanks,
Axel