RE: Are generic resources intentional?

Hello Tim, Jonathan,

Hmmm... Jonathan was also framing things earlier in terms of trace equivalence... roughly that the sets of available representations (over some multi-dimensional space inc a temporal dimension) were equivalent - not just a point representation equivalence.

So with these two, whilst - in Jonathan's terms - these two resources share some part of their trace, the trace of the latter may well diverge from the trace of the former at some point in time (at least).

> > Relax either assumption, and now Tim's definition of generic resource
> > becomes consistent with AWWW's definition of information resource.
>
> Good.
>

> > For example, in the time sheet example, the difference between the two
> > resources - namely, whose time sheet it is - might not be an essential
> > characteristic.
>
> I don't thing that drilling into the English word "essential" is  useful any further.
> The essence of a document is its content.
>
> > Important, perhaps; interesting, perhaps;
> > consequential, perhaps; but not essential.
> >
> > Or else the fact of ownership can be conveyed in some message
> > unrelated to the time sheet's representations. This seems less likely
> > to me.
> >

> It happens -- we often for example attach a bunch of diagrams to a message,
> and the significance of them is only conveyed in the cover note.
> "Here are my timesheets -- can you sign them?"
> The timesheet gets a cid: URI in the email as an attachent.
> Another person's timesheet could be identical.
>
> > Jonathan   (don't imagine I'm being serious)

Stuart