Re: [Minutes] Auto Data TF 2018-05-31

On Thu, 2018-05-31 at 12:20 -0400, Ted Guild wrote:
> https://www.w3.org/2018/05/31-auto-minutes

Thanks for the minutes, Ted.

Since I don't have time to participate in this new task force it's good to
be able to keep up.

Comments:

   "<Karen> ...reachitect tree a bit to align with both"

Definitely, we should be interested in improvement proposals.

It is of course a bit difficult for me to see this discussion separated into
another task force, when it feels so related to what the WG is doing in the
discussions about the best way to access vehicle signals.  But if the TF
comes up with good proposals for modification of VSS, then I suppose it
doesn't matter that much how they come about.  Let's just keep them coming.

   "<Karen> ...Rudi is the gate keeper for the GENIVI VSS repository"

Just to use a different expression and to elaborate a bit.  Rudi is the
defined _maintainer_ of the VSS repository [1] in GENIVI's GitHub account.

In my role I have access to every repository under the GENIVI GitHub
account, and so does our Community Manager.  I would be able to make
modifications, even override or reassign maintainers (after due process of
course), fork, branch and otherwise do whatever is necessary to facilitate
efficient development of the code/data that resides in GENIVI's GitHub.
But the more extreme options are of course not needed in practice.

It might also be good to understand that we have already had ample
discussion with Benjamin at other occasions, so this is all
expected.  Improvement and extension of VSS is not a new sudden thing that
would be a surprise to Rudi or anyone else.

I'm just saying, there are options.  So just communicate what you would like
to do and I'm sure Rudi and myself are happy to support.

Hope this helps,
- Gunnar

[1] https://github.com/GENIVI/vehicle_signal_specification

--