RE: Vehicle Information API Draft Now Published

Thanks. Cindy!

-----Original Message-----
From: Lucinda Lewis [mailto:cindy.lewis@me.com]
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2014 10:16 AM
To: Rees, Kevron
Cc: Vadim Draluk; Paul Boyes; public-autowebplatform@w3.org; internal-autowebplatform@w3.org
Subject: Re: Vehicle Information API Draft Now Published

Vadim.

I followed up on your question regarding which small-scale units for fuel consumption such as "Instant Fuel Consumption" we should use in the spec. Hirabayashi-san may be able to offer some vocabulary solutions here. I have also contacted SAE.

Based off my research, kWh/100-mi would be a unit of measurement that would work for all cars: electric and gasoline.

What I have not been able to answer however, is whether hydrogen car mileage (evaluated as "mpa" or mega pascals), could also be expressed in kWh/100-mi. We'll need some help with this one.

Cindy Lewis