Re: Vehicle Information API Draft Now Published

Welcome back, Vadim.

On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 8:11 AM, Vadim Draluk <vadim.draluk@gm.com> wrote:
> Team,
>

> “Better late than never” – I’m back to the office now, and reviewing the
> latest draft. Here are some comments:
>

> 1.      The most obvious one first: UnitsofMeasure interface does not
> reflect the proposal I’ve written up and adjusted according to quite a few
> comments I have received. What’s the plan there? Is it considered not yet
> ready to be included, are we going to have more discussions at F2F?

I didn't know it was ready.  That may have been my misunderstanding.
There are two ways we can get it in: you can do a "pull request" on
github with your patch, or I or Justin can merge it in manually.  How
would you like to proceed?

> 2.      DriverIdentification: IMO this one has to be substantially
> generalized. Key fob is only one method of identification, and there are
> already other methods deployed, announced or implemented: face recognition,
> Bluetooth, eventually fingerprint and whatever else. A good overall approach
> would be to separate ID type (one of the above) and the actual ID whose
> semantics is determined by the type

So basically an ID type that's more abstract, and a type with several
id primitives?

-Kevron