Re: Vehicle Location Information

I think it is important here to understand your customer. As a developer
using the API, I don't want to see two APIs that are effectively the same
thing. It makes my code unnecessarily complicated. Personally, if I came
across this situation, I would immediately create an abstraction over them
to create one API.

There were a few comments about adding the source of the information to the
Geo API, which might be useful for developers. It seems like the
Positioninterface would have to updated to include something like
readonly
attribute DOMString *positionSource*; and possibly another value that is a
constant for the type of source: vehicle, mobile phone, tablet, etc.

Finally, just because phone positioning is bad now don't assume that always
be the case. There are companies working on technology, using existing
phone sensors minus GPS, to get very accurate positioning, e.g., within
buildings to find firefighters.