Re: Best Practices Wiki

Here is a local (well nearby in Massachusetts) political ad I mentioned
on the call last wee using fear tactics and misleading statements such
as 'anyone could access your personal data'.

https://www.heraldnews.com/news/20200728/new-tv-ad-makes-link-between-mass-question-1-and-predators

OEM do need to be in control of what applications they deem safe to
operate on vehicles they manufacture, including whether they are
allowed to off-board data and where it goes. I would even like to see
use restrictions on data usage and redistribution be stipulated
(Layered Policy Language) and the data stored encrypted with a key
scheme like Isaac's colleague proxy-reencryption.

https://www.w3.org/2019/09/trans-data-ws/W3_NuCypher_AHassard_09.13.19.pptx

I would much rather see conversations looking to resolve legitimate
concerns than scaring consumers with misinformation.

--
Ted Guild <ted@w3.org>
W3C Automotive Lead