Re: VSS instantiation discussion

Thanks for the heartwarming comment :).

What I meant by "instantiation metadata" is the metadata in the YAML file
that is used to expand the tree. It is "consumed" by the tool to do the
expansion, but should not itself be propagated into the tool output file.
So what the tool currently does as was shown by Sebastian's test of it
should not be acceptable output.
The rule could be rewritten as Sebastian proposes, although I do not think
"flattened" is a clear term.

“Instantiation metadata SHALL be processed and expanded so the output
represents a flattened VSS tree”

BR
Ulf