From: Ulf Bjorkengren <ulfbjorkengren@geotab.com>
Date: Wednesday, February 5, 2020 at 4:43 AM
To: "Adnan.Bekan@bmwgroup.com" <Adnan.Bekan@bmwgroup.com>
Cc: public-automotive <public-automotive@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Answers to chat comments

>> How would you keep 3 different scenarios in parallel, T1, T2, T3 with C1 C2 and C3?
Only one of the scenarios A, B, or C is possible at a given time.

>> In proposal we have option to specify only 1 Tag, for actuator, sensor or branch. I did not understand how to handle several Tags per actuator for varipus clients.
A tag is inherited by underlying nodes, unless a different tag exists in a node.
In the scenario I described, a tag was added to the vehicle.cabin.door branch node, thus all leaf nodes below it inherited the tag property.
It is only possible to assign one tag per node.

>> Proposal would work if we would have only 1 client.
Please explain why it would not work as described in the scenarios.

>> As well how to handle complexity  users x tags x paths?
With flexibility comes some level of complexity, that is unavoidable.
If flexibility is not a desired feature, then the VIWI model could be applied, and all nodes are statically assigned read-write access restriction, i. e. every client request must contain a valid token. Then this tag design can be scrapped.

BR
Ulf

On Wed, Feb 5, 2020 at 12:02 PM <Adnan.Bekan@bmwgroup.com<mailto:Adnan.Bekan@bmwgroup.com>> wrote:
>> how flow would look like for 4 diff clients, with tag read, write only, read/write and "no tag", and they would access to exactly same branch vehicle.cabin.door. Story with tokens I understand and all good, but with tags I did not see any additional benefit.
Excluding the write-only case, the following I believe shows the benefits it can provide.
The vehicle.cabin.door branch node has three different tagging options:
T1: No tag
T2: Validate: write-only
T3: Validate: read-write
The three clients have respectively: client 1:no token,client 2:  read-only token, client 3: read-write token (tokens have a scope containing this subtree, and are non-expired).