Re: VSS collaboration (Data TF) meeting today?

The data tf met on Thursday although few showed. As North America has
now also completed its daylight savings time change, the 11 ET (EDT
now) was at 17CET and that might have thrown a few people. We wondered
if we should setup a doodle to figure out when the various people who
indicated interest in participating (and even provided ssh keys) would
be available.

Benjamin gave his insight on the various graph database engines, that
basically the various open source ones require considerable more custom
programming to provide services on top of them. His and general opinion
seem to favor Neo4j.

https://db-engines.com/en/ranking/graph+dbms

I met with several people from Neo4j by phone about getting an
enterprise license donated, as it has additional features over the
community edition. They were favorable and will likely meet one in
person at Open Geospatial Consortium this week. They may also extend to
us usage of their cloud service. I'll setup a community edition on the
server we have at MIT for now.

Since Patrick is sending regrets for Tuesday, perhaps we can take some
of the WG call tomorrow to discuss next steps on VSS Graph project.

https://www.w3.org/auto/wg/wiki/Vss_data

--
Ted Guild <ted@w3.org>
W3C Automotive Lead