Re: VISS / ViWi contrast and review at AGL

I read the blog and here is my understanding of the table.

Category VISS ViWi
Filtering & Aggregation support Filtering on node (not possible on several
nodes or branches) Describe a protocol (provides a way for multiple node
filtering and aggregation)
Privacy Model (Private vs Public) Access restrictions to signals Ability to
specify custom signals
Data Exchange method between W3C Server and Native OS/Platform Use high
level development languages
RESTful HTTP calls
W3C Server Deployment Model One big Server that handle requests Stateless
Additional Filtering options Filtering Filtering, sorting
Post deployment extensibility Static signals tree not extensible [VSS] Use
JSON objects to communicate
Ease of "Resource" (as in URI) resolution
(how to resovle a 'GET' to an actual resource) Use of AMB ? Identification
of resources may be a bit heavy going using UUID
Incomplete - Maybe Transport layer protocol? Use of Websocket
Sincerely,
Sanjeev BA