Re: VISS / ViWi contrast and review at AGL

From: Peter Winzell <peterwinzell.gbg@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2018 09:43:48 -0700
Cc: public-automotive <public-automotive@w3.org>, Fulup Le Foll <fulup@iot.bzh>
To: Ted Guild <ted@w3.org>
Just a few comments:

I feel that the first article is somewhat inaccurate when it claims that VISS came from JLR - so it sort gets of to a not so good start. Having set that aside the ideas I find quite similar and the JSON generated from VSS have the same value as this has when it comes to low level signal matching.

The second article shows points to a low-level binding which was something we left for the implementors of VISS. Personally I believe that we should look more to have one could implement the lower layer and welcome this.

Starting Monday next week I will be out for vacation until August. Have a great summer!

Br
Peter Winzell